Credit based on wages above $12 an hour & up to $28 an hour (or above $10 an hour based in limited pilot areas)
• Up to $56,000 credit may be earned per employee (5-year total, 2,000 hours). Credit is based on 35% of the amount paid over $12 per hour.
• Employee’s must meet one of the following requirements:
– Person unemployed 6 months prior to hire
– Veteran within one year of separation
– Earned Income Tax Credit recipient
– Recipient of CalWORKs or general public assistance
• Qualified areas are based on census tracts with highest unemployment and poverty rates as well as LAMBRAS and current Enterprise Zone boundaries (excluding wealthy areas) (Fresno County is considered a qualified area).
• No retroactive availability
• Employer gets credit only for increasing jobs
• Tax credit info will be publicly posted on Franchise Tax Board webpage
For more information about this incentive or to receive free training, please contact the EDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (559) 464-5550.